GEAR SPEL SYNTH 32, 46, 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460, 680, 1000 (Supreme Performance Synthetic Gear Oils)
These are supreme performance fully Synthetic Gear oils designed to provide outstanding service in terms of equipment protection, oil life and trouble-free operation enabling increased customer productivity. These scientifically engineered oils are formulated from Synthetic base fluids with an inherently high viscosity index and a unique, proprietary, additive system which enables these products to provide outstanding performance in extreme service applications at high and low temperatures, well beyond the capabilities of Mineral Oils. These products are resistant to mechanical shear, even in heavily loaded gear and high shear bearing applications, so that there is virtually no loss of viscosity.
These products have low traction coefficients, which derive from the molecular structure of the base stocks used. This results in low fluid friction in the load zone of non-conforming surfaces such as gears and rolling contact bearings. Low fluid friction produces lower operating temperatures and improved gear efficiency, which translates into reduced power consumption. It also results in extended parts life and allows for more economical equipment design. The base oils used is having outstanding response to antioxidant additives resulting in superior resistance to oxidation and sludging, especially at high temperatures. The additive combination used in these oils also provides exceptional resistance to rusting and corrosion, very good antiwear, demulsibility, foam control and air release properties, as well as multimetal compatibility. These oils are also compatible with the same seal and other
construction materials used in equipment normally lubricated with mineral oils.
These oils are compatible with the following seal materials: fluorocarbon, polyacrylate, polyurethane ether, some silicone, ethylene/acrylic, chlorinated polyethylene, polysulfide, and some nitrile rubbers. There is the potential for substantial variations in the elastomers being used today.
Specific applications include :
- Filled for life gearboxes, especially high ratio/ low-efficiency worm gears
- Remotely located gearboxes, where oil change-out is difficult
- Low temperature applications, such as ski lifts where seasonal oil changes can be avoided
- Mixer roll bearings and roll neck bearings where high temperatures are encountered
- Plastic calendars
- Severe centrifuge applications, including marine centrifuges
- Railroad A/C Traction Drives
* suitable for Oil Flooded Rotary Screw Compressors compressing natural gas, field gas gathering, CO2 and other process gasses used in the natural gas industry